When you install a WordPress blog it comes with the basic functionalities for you to get started with blogging only. The cool thing is that it allows you to customize and add more features to your WordPress according to your needs and make your experience much more enjoyable and fun.
Here are my 10 favorite WordPress plugins that I have installed on my blog.
1. Google XML Sitemaps – This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com to better index your blog.
2. All in One SEO Pack – This plugin automatically optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines
3. TweetMeme – This is a plugin that adds a button which easily lets your visitors retweet your blog posts.
4. WP Auto Tagger – Need some help to choose keywords? This plugin automatically finds and suggests tags based on your post content.
5. Subscribe Remind – This plugin gives your readers a little reminder to subscribe to your blog’s feed at the end of each post.
6. What Would Seth Godin Do – This is a very cool plugin! It displays a custom welcome message to new visitors and another to return visitors and you can customize the message to invite them to subscribe to your RSS feed or your optin list.
7. WP Super Cache – Over time as you add more plugins to your WordPress blog it may become a little bit slow to load your pages. This plugin helps to speed up the load time of your blog.
8. Sociable – This plugin allows your visitors to share your content on social bookmarking sites.
9. Fast Secure Contact Form – I learned that sharing your email address publicly is not such a good idea because of so many spammers out there crawling websites harvesting email addresses. This plugin allows your visitors to send you an email directly from your blog and protects you from spam messages.
10. TinyMCE Advanced – Ever felt frustrated not being able to format your text the way you want it? Then you will be amazed with this plugin, it lets you format your font size and family, paragraphing space and much more just like you do in Microsoft Word!
If you enjoyed this post feel free to share it with your contacts, they will thank you for that. Leave your comments with thoughts and suggestions. I’d love to hear your feedback. Thank you!
Make it a great day!